About Me

My photo
I am a Personal Romance Consultant with Brown Bag Party. It is the most fun you can have in a job and earn great money too.

Host ~ Earn ~ Shop!

Host ~ Earn ~ Shop!
From Mild to Wild

Monday, May 25, 2009

What Brown Bag Party has done for me!

I am a single mom of two amazing boys, but after a cross country move last year and no job in sight, I started researching home based businesses.

So many work from home opportunities require money in some way, but I got to thinking about the benefit of a home party business, and the benefit of that initial investment. It provided a tangible investment that could be sold as products or a business if I was unhappy with my choice.

I looked and looked at almost every home party business that you could imagine. Brown Bag Party was one of the first, and then became the last. To be honest, I was initially drawn to the 50% commission from day one. I looked at the corporate website and realized that these were products I could sell (and make money selling).

There are plenty of other romance home party companies, but none that offered the same commission structure from day one, and there were plenty of other home party businesses that offered a 50% commission, but that was only after you had created a downline and a team. I didn't want to have to build a team to make a living. I have worked in environments where you are dependent on others to make your bonus or commission, and I didn't want to depend on anyone else to guarantee my own income.

I decided to take the leap. I ordered my start-up kit without ever having had a Brown Bag Party or speaking to a rep from the company. It was truly a leap of faith, and I am glad I did.

Immediately after I signed up, I had access to my very own personalized BBP e-commerce site that I began marketing and advertising to my friends and family. Within two weeks, I had my very first website order and I don't even think I had received my kit yet. I woke up one morning and I had make $15 while I slept.

If I wasn't motivated before that to make this business work, that gave me a huge wake-up call. "I really can make a living doing this!!". I set out to book parties and get my feet wet, and I have. I LOVE the opportunity that Brown Bag Party has given me to enjoy my kids and my life more. I was a 60 hour a week general manager before and I woke up one day and left it all behind when I realized I was missing everything in my life.

One of the best parts about my experience with Brown Bap Party so far is that I ended up making another move accross the country, and Brown Bag Party came with me. It is a moble business. Whether you move accross the country or just go on a vacation, you can take your business with you. Maybe you just get a lead that is 2 states away. You can turn it into a mini vacation or find another rep in the area to take the party for you.

Brown Bag Party is filled with amazing ladies who offer great feedback, suggestions, and support through several yahoo chat boards. There is always someone willing to help you and your business grow.

I think outside the box with my business. I host bi-weekly open houses at a local art studio and have even scheduled an adult themed runway show at an area club for July. I also do many home parties. I love the fact that I get referrals at parties because that means that I am doing a great job. If I didn't book parties off of parties, I would think I need to re-evaluate what I am doing.

I won't lie, when I started my business, I didn't have the resources of family and friends to book parties for me to launch my business. I was 2200 miles away from home with no local contacts to speak of. I had to work hard to launch my business, but now, it works for itself. The months and months that I spent promoting myself and the business have really paid off, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Whether you are looking to make a few hundred dollars a month or a few thousand, Brown Bag Party can do it for you. Remember, you make a 50% commission from day one, so keep that in mind when you think about the opportunity.

If I only book one party a month, and remember that every party and host is different, you could make anywhere from $100 and up for just a few hours of work. I hate to suggest dollar figures because every party is different, but it is also possible to make $400 at one party. How you promote the party and work with the party host makes a HUGE difference.

I try to do one party a week. Usually on Saturday evening, and then through the week I do several other promoting, branding, and selling events. Once you are comfortable with the products, business, and yourself, the more money you can make. It starts to work like clockwork because you KNOW your business.

I would honestly suggest Brown Bag Party to anyone who is looking to make a few extra dollars a month or to create into a full-time job. You never have to compete with big box retailers with this business and despite the word recession, there is no recession in sex. Statisticaly, it is one of the few markets that shows no decrease in revenue, and no projection of it either.

The trend of home party businesses is growing fast these days as people are unemployed and looking for work. With a minimal investment and small monthly management fee, you can't really go wrong.

I would love to speak with anyone interested in owning their own home party business and working from home. When I started my Brown Bag Party journey, I didn't want the pressure of building a team, and now I think I have been selfish in that thought. Brown Bag Party is a great home business and I encourage other ladies (or men) to take the same leap of faith that I did.

http://www.brownbagparty.com/u/AnytimeAdventures

No comments:

Post a Comment